The House of Night
Welcome to the ~ Tiggy's role play ~ forum, I know it might not be much yet but I hope you think its ok for now and I will be trying to make improvements if you have suggestions >.<
The House of Night
Welcome to the ~ Tiggy's role play ~ forum, I know it might not be much yet but I hope you think its ok for now and I will be trying to make improvements if you have suggestions >.<
The House of Night
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The House of Night

Welcome to the The House of Night! A place where darkness does not equal to evil, just as light does not always bring good.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Battle For Purgatory
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» How Could this Happen
Evening Star Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 3:40 pm by tsubaki

» What Would You Do?
Evening Star Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 6:23 am by tsubaki

» sadness lost
Evening Star Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 8:49 am by tsubaki

» Title: Beast
Evening Star Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 8:43 am by tsubaki

» Rant and a half!
Evening Star Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 9:39 am by Tigris

» Love Letter
Evening Star Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 3:29 pm by Moerlin

» The Lava Princess and The Ice Prince Opinions
Evening Star Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 10:31 pm by Alice

» Evening Star
Evening Star Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 7:27 am by Tigris

» Enchanted Prophesies
Evening Star Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 7:20 am by Tigris

Most active topic starters
Tigris
Evening Star Vote_lcapEvening Star Voting_barEvening Star Vote_rcap 
Alice
Lagolas
Sylvanna
Raven Roth
tsubaki
Moerlin
Mr. Smith
RiverSteele
Lord Tiberius the Charmer
Most Viewed Topics
Black Angels v.s. White Angels - Bios
The House of Eternal Night - Bios
Vampire Wars
The Spreaded Infection
Middle Of Nowhere
Black Angels v.s. White Angels
Dragon Rider - Bios
Dragon Rider
Evening Star
How Could this Happen
Top posting users this month
No user
Statistics
We have 57 registered users
The newest registered user is jannjais

Our users have posted a total of 449 messages in 89 subjects
Awakened (Newest Song)
Evening Star Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 1:47 pm by Alice
Awakened
12/08/12

Verse one: I miss the misery, the way you told me to go away. The way you blame me.

Verse 2: Miss when I tried to keep you, then I just realized; you aren’t worth keeping. I was awakened, now you try to say it’s my fault.

Chorus: You awakened me when you lied straight to my face. You told me that you only love one girl, and that was me. I was stupid enough to listen …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 0
Sanity Sisters
Evening Star Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 1:03 pm by Alice
Title: Sanity Sisters
Date: 6-6-11

Verse 1: We’re sanity sisters til the end, side by side. We can keep each other sane. That’s why we’re sanity sisters.

Chorus: We fight together, we die together. We kill anything that stands in our path. We stand together, we die together, we’re sanity sisters.

Verse 2: We’ll be sanity sisters, we’ll be blood sisters, we’ll be side by …

[ Full reading ]
Staying Sane
Evening Star Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 2:12 pm by Alice
Title: Staying Sane
Date: 6-5-11

Verse 1: We’re walking, in sand. We’re laughing, minds alike, we’re staying sane, we have each other.

Chorus: Those who choose to have. Those who choose to have unlike minds, most likely will go insane. We stay sane. We promised to each other we won’t change, we won’t turn our backs on each other.
*Repeat Chorus*2

Verse 2: We laugh. We cry. …

[ Full reading ]
Forever Haunted
Evening Star Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 1:25 pm by Alice
Title: Forever Haunted
Date: 6-3-11

Verse 1: Footsteps all around me, something following, nothings there. Run and Hide but they always find you.

Chorus: Haunted by the ghost of your past, Haunted by your future, Haunted by today.

Verse 2: Pull the covers over my face, try to hide, they come and seek and always win the game. It’s a never ending game of Hide and Seek.

(Repeat chorus)2

[ Full reading ]
My Heart Belongs to You
Evening Star Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 12:00 pm by Alice
Title: My Heart Belongs to You

Verse 1:
See your face, how it shines in the sun light. See your eyes how they glow in the darkest light. See your smile, how it shines through the grey days. See your heart, how it races when I’m by your side.

Chorus:
My heart belongs to you. Please, oh please. Don’t break it. I love you and that’s the only thing my heart knows. My heart …

[ Full reading ]
Lost Sanity
Evening Star Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 2:11 pm by Alice
Title: Lost Sanity

Verse 1: Broken Sanity. Unspoken voices speak of nothing, Lost but not found. Seen but unseen. I hear them, but my sanity is lost in the web of lost voices of nothing, Spoken by no one.

Chorus: Lost sanity. Never found. Never lost, spoken from unspoken words. Remembering everything but nothing. Lost sanity, Lost in my mind. Lost on my own. Lost sanity.

Verse …

[ Full reading ]
October 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

Evening Star

Go down 

What do you think of the story and characters so far?
Wonderful. I'm interested so keep writing please :)
Evening Star Vote_lcap75%Evening Star Vote_rcap
 75% [ 3 ]
It's pretty good.
Evening Star Vote_lcap25%Evening Star Vote_rcap
 25% [ 1 ]
It's alright.
Evening Star Vote_lcap0%Evening Star Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Could be better.
Evening Star Vote_lcap0%Evening Star Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

AuthorMessage
Tigris
Admin
Tigris

Evening Star Empty
PostSubject: Evening Star   Evening Star Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 8:50 am

Chapter 1

Eve is nineteen and alone in the city for the first time. What happens when a late night at work leaves her slumped down in an alley and possibly facing death? And who is the stranger that becomes her savior?

Losing a parent is indeed one of life's difficult and inevitable experiences that is even more difficult when it leads to the change of the other parent. It had been a year since Eve had lost her mother, who had been a nurse, and the toll it had taken on her father kept the pain fresh and alive in her heart and mind. After her mother died, her father had taken to drinking to numb the pain and drown the sorrow. Although Eve understood what drove her father into this misery, there was still a feeling of resentment toward him for disgracing her mother's memory by associating and tainting it with booze.

Her father was not always like this but, in fact, he was the complete opposite. He had such a pure heart that he would graciously care for others the way that her mother had. Perhaps her mother was the one who taught her father to be that way. Eve's heart went out to her father when she realized that he was too caring of a person to bear his wife's premature death. Within the passing weeks of her mother's death he became cold, cynical, and more fragile. The night when Eve found him unbearably intoxicated was the last night she spent at home. She was nineteen then and on her own for the first time.

The city was large and Eve was a lonely girl who may have gone unnoticed in such a buzzing metropolis if it wasn't for pure coincidence. Luckily she was fortunate enough to find a job at a nearby Japanese Teppanyaki restaurant that was only four blocks away from her modest apartment. The job wasn't bad and the tips definitely helped. Nothing seemed especially out of the ordinary about the job other than watching the chefs put on extravagant flame fueled shows that resulted in the applause and the eager consumption of such dangerously prepared dishes. The job in itself was interesting but what caught her eye even more was the cold beauty that would come in every so often.

The stranger's face was cold yet masculine even though he had some feminine features such as fair skin, clear cobalt eyes, and long lashes. He wore his ash blond hair choppy and down to his well sculpted chin. This man could have easily been a model with his looks and stature but his demeanor proved otherwise. He always emitted a calm aura and seemed to ooze confidence and serenity as one of Eve's co-workers had put it. His taste in suits made him more masculine yet neatly kept. When thinking of him, Eve always felt as if she could smell the faint scent of cedar and white musk that lightly grazed his skin and would linger in the air as he passed. Although she couldn't remember his name she could always vividly remember this image of him.

The next day had come and gone as quickly as the last and it was already closing time. This type of existence felt empty. Eve felt like a machine that was repeating menial tasks for a set amount of time before shutting down once finished. Eve had little contact with anyone outside work, and all of her friends from school had already began their own lives and moved elsewhere. Her days were quite repetitive really and she hoped this daily routine was only temporary and wouldn't last. To add to the void she felt, even though she had few friends, no one really tried to get in contact with her once she began to withdraw socially as a reaction to her father's sudden change in personality. Friends would add some spontaneity to her days but it didn't matter to her because at least she was out of the emotionally draining situation back home.

Focusing her thoughts again, she was closing again tonight even though she didn't like doing it by herself. She accepted that she was the new girl and knew her place on the bottom of the workplace ladder. Quickly she set the alarm and locked the door before eagerly stepping out into the alley where the steaming streets resonated with the past sounds and activities of the day. Turning to walk down the alley toward the street there was a figure slightly taller than her making its way toward her. She could hear the grating sound of shoes scuffing the gravel and getting louder. The nagging, but all too true, thought of being a girl alone at night was dangerous but she tried to shake off the feeling. Not everyone out late at night was a questionable person after all because she was out this late too wasn't she?

She kept her pace until she remembered that the alley was only one way and the other end only housed a large trash bin against a high fence. Not wanting to stand still too long, she sped up till her steps matched the pounding pace of her heart. When she noticed the sound of her blood rushing in her ears she devised a plan to run toward the street once she got closer to the figure. Right as she was about to pass him, now being able to confirm that it was a man, he stopped and the next thing she remembered was her body making an almost hollow thud against the brick wall that stole the breath out of her chest as she slid down to the cold ground. Now panicking and disoriented she couldn't believe what was happening.

With her heart now racing and her adrenaline tearing though her body like a bullet train she used all her strength to stand up and make a desperate and mad sprint toward the street. Almost immediately she came crashing down to the ground again when he grabbed her coat which caused her to slip backwards and strike her head against the brick wall. The sharp pain that shot through her head was enough to impair her from trying to run again and even caused her vision to blur. A hot stream of blood made its way down the side of her head and soaked into her coat. Looking disoriented toward the street she watched the blurring lights of cars going by that were oblivious to what was going on only a few yards away. She only hoped that someone would see this small girl slumped against the wall with fear glazing over her eyes and that is when she blacked out.

Opening her eyes for a second the man was nowhere in sight and she heard the crash of something against the wall. Fading in and out of consciousness a figure loomed over her and seemed so much larger than before. Eve's eyes could barely stay open and small clouds of steam escaped from her lips as the heat from her mouth dissipated into the frigid night air. She couldn't feel any pain at this point and wondered if this numbness was some sort of divine mercy for a girl in the wrong place at the wrong time. Before blacking out again, she smelled a familiar scent and wondered if she was psychologically trying to comfort herself with such a familiar fragrance.

Even though a few minutes passed, Eve couldn't tell how much time she lost. There wasn't much she could remember after losing consciousness.

Everything was dark, hazy, and the faint sensation of vibration hummed throughout her body like electricity. The vibration felt soothing and it felt as if her brain would feel the pain she hadn't felt earlier if it stopped. She wasn't quite sure what was going on and the scent of leather invaded her nose and swirled around in her head like cigar smoke in a glass. She wondered if she was moving while she passed through bouts of semi-consciousness and after that, the blackness in her mind swallowed her again.

A few days had passed since that evening but again there was no telling how much time was lost. Eve's face felt warm and her body radiated the same type of pleasant heat that one would feel after slipping out of a hot shower on a cold day. Her body felt as if it glowed and she was somehow safe. The bed sheets and blanket felt smooth and soothed her skin. Opening her eyes slightly she could tell that she was in a room and it was pleasantly warm. This must be the hospital she thought. Someone must have come a long just at the right time and rescued her from such a horrendous fate. Never thinking that a hospital bed and atmosphere could ever feel this comforting and luxurious, she let herself sink into a sense of security before losing herself to sleep.

Last edited by Tigris on Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:49 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.immortalnight.com/register.php?REF=108689
Tigris
Admin
Tigris

Evening Star Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evening Star   Evening Star Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 4:54 pm

Chapter 2

With a searing concussion and finally coming back to reality Eve has woken up. A few days have passed and who was the stranger who pulled her out of such an unfortunate situation? What is this place?

It had now been four days and it was the first time Eve had opened her eyes since yesterday. The room was dim. What a strange feel for a hospital. Opening her eyes again she became aware of the hot searing pain in her head that she could tell was obviously not as bad as it must have been a few days ago. The ceiling glowed as light from the fireplace danced across the ceiling and licked at the black shadows in the corners of the room as if to keep them away and keep her conscious. Gradually sitting up she came to the realization that this was no hospital.

"Ugh." She groaned as she began to regain proper consciousness. Suddenly, she felt the urge to get up and find out where she was at.

Pulling the blankets off she swung her legs over the side of the bed and almost collapsed instantly as she tried to carefully stand up. Her legs felt almost useless and trembled like that of a newborn fawn. She sat there for several minutes till she regained strength in her legs before standing up. The door to the room wasn't locked but was at least open a crack. Was this a dream? Was it a hallucination from a head injury or effects of some medication? She wondered. Peaking out through the narrow opening of the door she couldn't see anyone and gently she slipped out of the room.

The living room's exquisite appearance made her stop for a moment and take a good look. A modern gray couch sat in the middle of the room and was neatly decorated with royal purple pillows. A coffee table in front of the couch was a black lacquer and it gleamed like slick black oil. Elegant silver mirrors hung on the walls and two vases held astonishing orchid arrangements that stood adjacent to one another on opposite sides of the door. This was strange she thought. This definitely did not look like a hospital but in fact it looked like a luxury apartment.

Before she knew it she found herself in the middle of the living room glancing around like a lost child. Looking to her left she could see a small open kitchen and someone in it. With his back to her stood a tall slim man in a white dress shirt and black slacks. His ash blond hair gently parted ways like curtains revealing the smooth nape of his neck. There was no way she thought.

"You're awake." The man's voice rejoiced as it cut through the silence. Eve was still in shock. Was she seeing things clearly? Was this possible? It was the beautiful man from the restaurant.

"Um," the only half attempt at a word she could mutter after four days. That was when she noticed the scent of something warm and comforting enticing her from the kitchen.

"You've been asleep for a while. It's been four days actually." He informed her.

"Where is this?" Eve finally managed to choke out.

"I'm sorry. This must all be very confusing and a bit scary. This is my home." He confessed. Eve wondered what she was doing in this stranger's home.

"The man outside the restaurant... it was late. I fell and I don't remember." Stuttering almost felt natural at this point.

"I know it must have been awful for you. I saw you in the alley right after you passed out."

"You helped me? What happened to the guy who attacked me?"

"I sent him on his way. You don't have to worry so have this." The stranger turned around and set down a steaming hot bowl of chicken soup with a spoon in it on the table. Eve's stomach made an ungodly sound that even embarrassed her in light of the situation. It had been four days after all since she last ate. The stranger stared at her for a moment with his clear cobalt eyes as if to wash away her confusion. Looking inquisitively at the bowl she sat down and swirled the soup with the spoon.
After finishing the soup she felt sleepy again and didn't remember falling asleep on the couch. Slightly disoriented she awoke some time later to the comforting scent of cedar and white musk and the feeling of someone carrying her. And that was all she could remember until morning.

In the morning, the room had a different feel. Although the room was still dark, thanks to the light blocking curtains, the warm glow of the sun attempting to burn past the fabric made her open them. Eve made her way out into the living room to look for the stranger but he obviously left. Her suspicions were confirmed by a note left on the coffee table that read

"Eat whatever you would like and feel free to use anything you need. I won't be gone too long." It was signed "Faust".

The short note left her confused and she wondered why a stranger wouldn't be more worried about having another stranger in his home while he was gone. But then again, he was strange himself. He was strange in an interesting way though. She could be a thief for all he knew and from what she could see his apartment housed exquisite things. Not knowing quite what to do, she went back into the bedroom and found her clothes clean and folded on a chair in the corner so she put them on and left. Surprisingly, she felt a little bad now and thought she should have left a note. She knew she would see him again at work so there would be plenty of time to thank him properly. On her way out she politely asked the desk manager if he could lock the door.

Upon getting outside she realized just how harsh and bright the sun really was. It had been four days after all since she was out. The street was busy and alive with the constant chatter of people talking to one another on their phones and the sound of traffic. Everything went on as normal while she was almost nonexistent for those few days considering that she was unconscious. She soon realized that this side of town really wasn't far from her apartment and that she must have passed it a bunch of times. It amused her that she never knew that the stranger, Faust lived so close when she had thought about him many times. Suddenly, she felt a rush of heat burn into her cheeks as she thought of him. Almost embarrassed at her own thoughts she shook them off and continued walking.

Cutting down an alley way she unconsciously began to walk faster and her breathing became more rapid. The knot forming in her stomach made her realize that this alley looked a lot like the one behind the restaurant. Her heart started to beat rapidly as she walked faster and faster. Now halfway down the alley she noticed the scraping of footsteps behind her. The sound became louder and louder in her ears until it became a cacophonous grinding that paralyzed her with fear.

As she peeked over her shoulder there was a man with a baseball cap on and he was fairly tall. Without thinking fear and anxiety seized her mind and choked her heart and body to the point of almost collapsing. No matter how hard she tried she couldn't coax her body to move. She was simply paralyzed with fear and it utterly stunned her.

She had always thought that she was stronger than this but no matter how much she told herself that, her body just wouldn't budge. The sound of the man was getting closer and eventually he passed her to the other side of the alley without so much as even a glance. Relieved, it took her a few minutes to compose herself. She never imagined that she could be so traumatized by an event. Cold sweat drenched her body and soaked her clothes. Turning toward the way she had come, she began to walk toward the sunlight.

Last edited by Tigris on Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:03 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tigris
Admin
Tigris

Evening Star Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evening Star   Evening Star Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 5:48 am

Chapter 3

Shortly after leaving Faust's apartment, Eve is blind sided by a panic attack from her past traumatic experience. Is Faust really an eccentric man or is there more to him?
It was a quarter past one in the afternoon when Faust returned to the apartment and waiting outside on the steps was a terrified and lost girl. Eve's face blushed profusely and she was almost too embarrassed to have to explain herself to him. Without a word, he put his hand on her back and guided her back into the lobby of the apartments and back to his place. She sat on the couch and explained to him what happened. She felt ridiculous.

"You didn't have to leave right away. I thought something like this was possible. It's only natural to suffer from anxiety like this after a traumatic event. It's not a weakness." His voice soothed. It was almost as if he knew exactly what her fear was and how it made her feel. Not knowing what to say at this point her mind had one question.

"It's not that I'm not grateful because I really am but why did you bring me here instead of the hospital?" It was a genuine question that she hoped wouldn't be taken the wrong way.

Faust smiled and almost looked relieved that she asked such a normal question for anyone in her situation. "I'm a doctor; well at least I used to be." Faust confessed. The luxury apartment, treatment of her wounds, a gentle bedside manner it all made sense now.

"I know E.R. visits are expensive so I thought I could spare you the bill." He continued as he rested his face on his palm. In that moment she felt even more embarrassed because it was obvious that she didn't have any type of insurance working at a minimum wage job. Eve figured that he must have known that she didn't have a lot of money if she was working in the restaurant and lived on her own. She figured he probably overheard her talking to a co-worker who had asked her.

"Thank you for that." Her soft green eyes met his eyes and they looked at one another for what seemed like hours but in reality only a few seconds had passed. She thought it was odd but that it might be the effects of the concussion.

Night came as quickly as the day had and Faust stood in the kitchen cutting up carrots for a beef stew. Feeling as if she was imposing by being there another night she offered to chop the vegetables and help in any way she could. Peering out from underneath a mess of wavy mahogany colored hair, she let her eyes travel over the contours of his face as one would try to take in an amazing painting. She let her eyes rest upon his while thinking he looked a little odd and pale to be a doctor. She found it interesting that a doctor could have such a pale color and be healthy. Her thoughts were sharply interrupted by the stinging sensation of the knife cutting into her finger and not the intended carrot.

"OUCH!" She exclaimed. As blood welled up in the wound, Faust quickly grabbed a towel and wrapped it around her finger and held it above her head.

"Are you ok? How deep did is the cut?" He asked.

"I don't know but it's probably deep". She was embarrassed to admit because it was her fault for not paying attention after all. At this point she felt like a walking accident.

Taking the towel from off her finger he noticed the deep wound.
"We should disinfect it." He spoke. Eve waited for him to take her to the bathroom to get some disinfectant but instead he looked at her and his eyes seemed to dull a little. The scent of blood swirled around the kitchen and mingled with that of the stew simmering on the stove.

"Saliva has antibacterial properties and I don't have any more disinfectant after your injuries." He admitted and she wondered what kind of doctor didn't have enough disinfectant on hand. Parting his pink lips he let the tip of his tongue snake out to clean the wound. Eve winced and was beginning to feel apprehensive about this. Taking her finger into her mouth she could feel the Eve's face had a burning sensation and was flushed as she was ashamed for feeling so blissful in that moment.

She always found him attractive when he came into the restaurant but this was just too much for her. Her eyes softened a little and the voice in her head screamed at her to take her finger out of this man's mouth but, the pleasure got the better of her.

Floating in a momentary sea of bliss, unexpectedly a sharpness penetrated her thoughts and brought her back to reality. Something in his mouth scraped against the wound and she let out a small cry and it stopped. At this point her eyes became a little wide and she looked helplessly at Faust's face. His dulled eyes looked strangely sensual and she felt as if he could take her finger at any moment if he really wanted to.

Removing her finger from his mouth she could see the small gleam of long eye teeth. As she inspected her cut she watched it slowly fade as if nothing had broken the skin. Not knowing if it was the concussion or if she was hallucinating, her mind panicked. A look of horror spread across her face and Faust cornered her against the wall of the kitchen.The tangy scent of blood delicately floated on his breath. Leaning closer to her he spoke, "I'm not going to hurt you." By now, the all too familiar feeling of losing consciousness again began to overtake her. It was difficult, if not impossible, to clearly see even a foot in front of her. Her vision began to fade and the blackness washed over her. The last thing she remembered was Faust holding her up as her legs simply gave out.

That nights events were a shock to say the least. Opening her eyes she found herself in bed again and the sound of the door opening caused her to roll onto her side. Faust stood there for a moment at the door not moving as his eyes were fixated at the edge of the bed. Moving toward her she felt a knot begin to form in her throat as he sat near her. Even a simple movement as coming to the bedside appeared incredibly graceful.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you." He apologized.
She had finally begun to try to make sense of the events. Eve figured that everyone has their quirks and oddities and maybe this beautiful man just liked to pretend he was a vampire. The word vampire sounded almost clichéd in her mind as it really wasn't an uncommon lifestyle choice in a rather large metropolitan city.

"What do you want from me?" She demanded.

"Nothing. I don't want anything from you. I never planned to hurt you." He answered. A small smile curled at the edge of her mouth as she felt that he really was just some harmless doctor who had an interesting fetish. But then again, was he even a doctor?

"Who are you really? What is your name? What do you do? I've just never heard of a vampire doctor before." Eve was amazed at her boldness in the moment. She supposed that some of the mystery in him was lost when she realized that he was just as human and flawed as the rest of them but, that was ok too. Shooting her an odd look Faust moved closer to her.

"I didn't lie to you nor did I intend for you to find me out." He confessed as he scooted a little closer and was filled with the suspicion that she took him for some sort of weirdo.

Smiling a little he continued, "You don't believe me do you?" As much as he hated to admit it to himself. He was a little irritated by the thought of her thinking that he was some kind of disgruntled with life man playing vampire for fun because to himself, his state of existence wasn't exactly amusing.

Unbuttoning his shirt halfway he loomed over her and she shrunk back onto the bed. Eve didn't move or answer him as she wanted to avoid offending him any further because she was truly grateful for what he had done for her. Looking into his serious eyes, a spark of excitement surged through her before nervousness clouded her head.

"I don't know what you want me to do." The words slightly trembled from her lips. Even in her half excited state deep down she was scared. Slowly lifting her hand toward him his cold fingers grasped hers and gently pressed her warm palm to his cool chest. His skin was smooth but cool like a marble statue. This is when she realized that she didn't feel a heartbeat. Pressing her fingers to his throat she held her breath and waited to feel a pulse. There had to be one. Nothing walks around and doesn't have some sort of pulse.

Pulling her hand back from his body she wondered if she felt in the right places. Looking to his eyes and not knowing what to say she watched him as he slowly parted his lips just enough for her to see the gleaming white eye teeth that pricked her finger only an hour earlier.

Curiously looking into his mouth she felt a sense of certainty that she could disprove the validity of his "fangs". Before she could open her mouth and voice the possibility of capped teeth something odd began to happen. Slowly the neat and sharp teeth began to elongate and take on a beastly appearance, like a wild dog and it truly chilled her to the core of her being. It must be a trick of the lighting in the room she thought.

Eve clung to this explanation in her mind until the teeth grew to the extent that she could no longer believe that her eyes were playing tricks on her. She felt the sensation that those long gleaming teeth ached to sink into something soft and fleshy. Feeling like a rabbit thrown to a wolf she stayed perfectly still.

Through movies and novels the vampire had been romanticized and their teeth were always neat and like sensual little needles that could drown his or her victim, or lover, into a state of sheer ecstasy. However, to her, these teeth were frighteningly real and violent. They now looked much different from the small needles she saw in his mouth earlier. Teeth this size would tear a person open. She wondered why they were so different from the ones that pricked her finger earlier.

Pulling himself back from her, Faust put himself back under control and gradually his teeth snaked back to their regular proportion. Eve sat speechless for a moment and wasn't sure if it was appropriate to ask questions.

"What do you think?" His eyes bore into her.

"Why are they so big? They were different from earlier." The tone in her voice softened his eyes and shifted his gaze to the bed. He didn't intend to scare her the way he did but it was necessary for him not to be misunderstood.

"What I am, has been around for a very long time. It's difficult to explain but the older we get, the stronger we are. Just like any animal, we can be aggressive and we have to keep it under control. The older of my kind are stronger because we can be this aggressive when we need to be." Faust's voice trailed off as he watched her squirm a little.

"I wouldn't hurt you or anyone else for that matter. Remember, I found you. I wasn't stalking you." The tone in his voice rang with sympathy because he didn't want her labeling him as some creep.

"I know. I'm really thankful that you helped me like that. While I was sitting on the ground I was really hoping someone would see me and help." Her voice shook a little and her eyes appeared glassy from the few tears that glazed her eyes.

"I know. I could feel your desperation and smell your blood so I stopped the car. I recognized your scent from the restaurant." He admitted.

Eve's eyes stopped tearing up as she looked to him and felt very grateful now that she had met him. She no longer had the terrified feeling that he was going to devour her.

"You're still recovering. You should sleep." His smooth cool hand lifted the blanket to her as curled up on the bed. She watched his every move as he dimmed the lights and walked out of the room. She wanted more than anything to follow him into the next room and ask him a billion questions but, sleep enveloped her body too quickly.
Back to top Go down
Tigris
Admin
Tigris

Evening Star Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evening Star   Evening Star Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 3:07 pm

Chapter 4

Eve finally returns to her job, apartment, and old life before she met Faust. She starts to notice a rather tall man she knows she's seen at her work before. Who is this man and what is this package left at her door?
The next morning Eve wandered out into the living room and didn't see Faust. Walking back to the room she noticed a door at the end of the hallway that was open just enough to peek inside. Peering through the door she could see a tall and strong figure curled up in the middle of the bed. His face looked so serene and still as he slept. Does he dream? She asked herself. The peaceful expression on his face made her wonder if he ever made that face while he was awake.

In a moment of weakness Eve leaned against the door frame and let her eyes wander the curves of his back until something sharply drew her attention. Along his upper back were marks on his skin that looked rough and faintly tender pink. The scars that haphazardly littered his skin made her want to come into the room and soothe them with her fingers. She wondered where they came from and at that moment noticed a handful of other smaller and fainter scars cross hatching each other.

Quietly shutting the door she walked back into the living room. Figuring he could hear her since he really was a vampire after all. She did her best not to make a sound.

Later in the day Eve finally managed to call work to try to come up with an explanation on where she's been the past week. Surprisingly the manager was very understanding because conveniently her doctor called and informed him of her condition as the reason for her absence. Telling her she wasn't scheduled to work until tomorrow, he told her to rest up and take an extra day off if she needed it. The conversation ended quickly and Eve put the phone down. She decided to wait until Faust woke up to tell him that she planned to return to work and her apartment tomorrow. Although Faust's home felt pleasantly safe, she felt that it would be rude to stay any longer because, after all, he had already done so much for her. The idea of leaving made her feel a little disappointed but, she didn't want to take advantage of his hospitality.

The sun shone brightly through the veil of mid September clouds and the skies smelled of rain and firewood. Eve adjusted her seat belt in the car and glanced over at Faust as he drove. She had told him yesterday that she planned to return to work and he didn't protest. It was her life after all and Faust knew that it wasn't his place to tell her what would be best.

The car slowed to a stop in front of the Teppanyaki house and Eve could already see the magnificent fires inside and customers clapping. "You know, if there is anything you need I'll be around." His voice was calm yet strong. Of course he was calm. She knew she was the only one that was unsure.

"Thank you for everything. I don't know what I would have done." Eve quietly nodded. A small smile lay on his lips as Eve opened the car door and stepped out onto the sidewalk. Walking to the door and turning around she watched him till he was no longer in sight. Taking a deep breath she opened the door and stepped back into her previous existence before she met him.

A few days passed and she still hadn't seen a trace of Faust. She wondered if he always took this long to come into the restaurant. Her eyes widened when she thought could he even eat? Can vampires eat mortal food? She wished she would have thought of that and asked him before she left. Stopping herself she realized that she had been in a funk ever since he dropped her off a few days ago. She used to think about him sometimes before she met him but she never anxiously waited for him to come in.

Slightly irritated with herself she didn't even notice a rather tall man standing in front of her waiting to be seated. Embarrassed for staring out into space she apologized and found him a table. One of Eve's co-workers asked her if she was ok and she felt even more embarrassed knowing how obvious her feelings were on her face. Come to think of it, she had seen the tall man come in before and she thought that there were a lot of people coming in frequently that she never noticed. She only noticed Faust.

More time had passed and it had now been a week and a half since she last saw him. She felt like a lost puppy when she stared out the window wondering if he would just pop up and walk in. I should have asked him for his number or something so I could say hello to him from time to time, she thought. That's when the thought crept up on her that he didn't offer his number or any other way for her to contact him either. He seemed like a private person and she could definitely understand why. The thought made her even more thankful that he had found her that night.

When her shift was over she sighed with relief that she could just go home and stare off into space privately. She quickly walked home up the rain slicked streets and thought how nice a cup of cocoa would be to comfort her.

When she finally reached her apartment there was a small plain brown box sitting at her door step. Scrawled on the top the box read "Eve". She scooped up the package and let herself in. She sat on the couch and set the box on her lap wondering who it could be from. It couldn't possibly be from him could it? Opening the box Eve sat speechless at what was inside.

"A lock of hair?" She asked to which there was no one to reply obviously. Taking a closer look at it she quickly shot up from the couch and the box and hair fell to the carpet. She realized that it was her hair inside the box. But where did it come from and who was it from? Her heart thumped in her chest and her head began to pound. Being all alone made her even more frightened. Was it a joke? She thought. Who would do something like this and why? Her inner thoughts were abruptly interrupted when the door bell rang. Cautiously walking to the door she looking through the peephole and could see a man with a box in his hand.

"Who is it?" The tone in her voice was sharp and inquisitive.

"I have a delivery for an Eve." The courier answered. Looking at the box from a fish eye view through the peephole she saw her name written on it and it looked the same as the other box that now sat abandoned on the carpet. Eve opened the door and began explaining to the courier that she didn't want any more packages from the sender.

With a surprised look the courier looked at her and asked, "You didn't like my present?" Before she could react the man forced himself in and shut the door behind him. Crashing to the floor she scrambled to get up and started screaming when the man gripped his hand over her mouth to where her jaw ached.

"Why didn't you like my present? Do you know how hard it was to find your hair in the trash behind the salon?" His eyes drilled into her as she kept backing up.

"I always come to see you at work but you never even notice me," he gushed with a genuinely hurt expression washed on his face. Suddenly she realized that he was the tall man she saw at the restaurant earlier and more frequently lately. He had been stalking her and it was him who attacked her in the ally that night.

"I try so hard but you just never accept me! I even tried to walk you home a few weeks ago and you ran away!" By walking her home did he mean throwing her to the ground and giving her a concussion? She thought. In her mind she desperately hoped someone could hear him yelling.

Shoving her down onto the bed, he loomed over her and his position brought back memories of the night he attacked her. In a panic adrenaline shot through her body like an electrical surge and she kicked him in the stomach and tore her arms away from him. After a moment of recovering he sprung up and pinned her down to the bed again. It seemed like he felt no pain as if he were on drugs. A stinging sensation shot through her arm when she noticed it was cut and blood welled up inside the wound. The blood trickled down her arm and stained the bed.

During the struggle she didn't notice him take out a small knife. She stayed perfectly still hoping he would start talking again and she could buy some more time till, hopefully, someone could hear the struggle.

Lowering his face to hers his long black hair brushed against her cheek and stuck to the bitter stickiness of saliva and tears on her lips. Although he was tall and thin, he was amazingly powerful and that scared her even more. The thought of him possibly being on drugs terrified her because there would be nothing she could do to stop him other than doing something short of killing him and if given the chance she would.

His weight began to crush her into the bed and she decided that she was not going to give up without a violent fight. A few tears welled in her eyes and she knew now that she was ready to give it her all and not be a completely helpless victim.

Unexpectedly, a crash reverberated through the room like a gunshot and the man was ripped away from her and smashed through a glass coffee table. Faust pulled her up and away from the bed and pushed her behind him as he faced the injured man. Faust let out an ungodly sound that was a mix between a growl and a hiss. The deep and throaty noise made Eve shudder behind him because she could only imagine the terrifying face he could make as he did that night back in his apartment. Gripping his shirt she pressed her face into his back not wanting to see what was going to happen. Faust could feel her body trembling against him and he looked over his shoulder at her.

The sound of rapid crunching from broken glass underfoot caused Faust to whip his head around in time to see the man running out of the apartment and down the stairs. Suddenly Eve felt Faust's cotton shirt slip through her fingers as he chased the man down all six flights. She followed close after him. Her throat hurt and her lungs burned but she followed them anyway.

Now out on the sidewalk in front of the apartments the man ran into the middle of the road with Faust right behind him.

"FAUST!" She screamed even louder than she did when her life was in danger only a few minutes ago. Her vocal cords vibrated till they were sore. Immediately Faust stopped before running out into the street. Blaring lights blinded the man as he raised his hand to the oncoming bus that wasn't going to be able to stop in time. Burying her face into Faust's back again the sound of the bus striking something and the screams of onlookers was enough to make her feel ill and not want to lift her head.

A few minutes later ambulance lights lit up the street and caused the shadows of those around to dance across the buildings like an otherworldly scene in the night. The bus may have not of killed him.
Back to top Go down
Tigris
Admin
Tigris

Evening Star Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evening Star   Evening Star Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 9:59 am

Chapter 5

After the attack in her apartment, Eve returns home with Faust. Refusing to be fruitless she offers something in return for all his efforts. What kind of deal does this girl make with him?

It was late now and Eve was tired of being asked questions and having to answer them. The questions only made her relive the ordeal again over and over for two hours. By then the memories were burned into the back of her mind like an old film.

She was glad that Faust was there to handle the investigators who arrived on the scene a few minutes after. After the questioning both of them walked back to Faust's car which was parked right across the street from her apartment. Looking up, she found it interesting that if a stranger just looked up at her window it just looked like someone was home from work and peacefully unwinding from a long day. It was an amazing thought that something so violent could happen here and no one would even be able to feel the negative energy that electrified the place.

Playing with her keys in her pocket she was apprehensive about having to go back up there. The broken glass and the blood she would have to clean up now that the investigators were gone. She squeezed the keys in her hand and the tiny teeth bit her skin. The sound of Faust unlocking his car made her turn around to see him holding open the passenger side door for her. She wanted to ask if it was really alright but being so stressed out and tired made her just get in and not ask questions.

Going back to his apartment felt like coming to a second home because she knew it was safe. His apartment wasn't stained with bad memories the way her apartment and old home was. She sat herself down on the couch with a blank stare. She wasn't sure if she was fed up, irritated or angry at herself for not being able to do something more back at the apartment.

The sound of the refrigerator door interrupted her thoughts and made her look to her left just in time to catch a glimpse of what looked like red plasma bags inside. The sight looked odd but of course it made sense because he couldn't just eat salad or a sandwich. After a few minutes he returned to her with a cup of hot cocoa. Taking the mug in her hands she held it till it burned her hands a little before setting it down to cool.

Taking a deep breath and not moving her eyes she asked, "How did you know he was there?"

Turning to look at her he answered, "I recognized his smell.

She remained silent for a moment wondering what exactly he meant. He did say he recognized her scent too when he found her that night.

"That night in the alley I could smell his scent too. I've passed by your work a few times since I last saw you and a couple of times I caught his scent." He ran his hand through his hair and leaned back to rest on the couch.

She was slightly amused for a moment that he was so nearby and she didn't see him. She wondered if he could hear her thoughts of him and hoped not.

He continued, "After you got off work tonight, I passed by and his scent was following you. When I got to your place I heard the door crash and you struggling." Faust averted his eyes to the ceiling for a moment remembering the rapid sound of her heartbeat in a panic and her exasperated breathing when he had just arrived.

She looked down at her cup of cocoa again and took a sip.

"What made you decide to help me both times?" She asked referring to the first and second incident.

He grew silent for a moment and kept his eyes fixated on the ceiling. Taking a deep breath he replied, "I've been around for a long time and", the pause in his voice made her listen closely; "I've met a lot of people. I wasn't able to help those that I should have a long time ago and to me you didn't deserve to have these things happen to you."

Looking off to a corner he continued, "Sometimes I can feel what type of person someone is and if I listen closely I can hear that person's thoughts are if they are troubled in their mind. I've heard your thoughts while you were at work before and you were always thinking about your father and his problems. You concentrated a lot of living your life to the fullest in small ways that would never disappoint you. You are one of the few people who just want to have a peaceful existence. You'd be surprised how rare that is. "

She drank the rest of her cocoa and was intrigued by his explanation.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome to stay if you need to because I wouldn't want to go back to my home either after what happened". He offered. She lifted her head to look at him and was touched by his generosity. She sat quiet for a moment and thought about going back home to her father's house and then she realized that everything she went through would be for nothing and she would end up right back where she started.

"I don't know what I should do. I feel bad about the idea of imposing on you after you've helped me so much." She didn't know where the strange tone in her voice came from. She wasn't upset anymore about what happened. She just wanted these things to stop.

"I don't think you'd be any trouble". A small smile sat upon his lips as he looked to the empty mug.
She didn't know what to say. She didn't want to impose on him but she didn't know what else to do. It would only be temporary after all. After much debate in her mind she came to a decision.

"I'll pay for all my expenses and I won't be here long. I won't bother you because I wouldn't want that." She offered as a promise.

He sat quiet again for a moment before turning to her to speak. "He's still alive." Her eyes widened a little because she trusted his intuition. "You may not want to go back to work, at least for a while." The thought crossed her mind that she could get another job closer to this apartment. But it would take some time to find one too.

She sat in thought and wondered what she could do to make herself productive and useful in the meantime. She went over a thousand ideas in her head in a matter of seconds and knew that at the very least she could clean and do other tasks for him. She really wasn't sure what someone of his kind would need. That is when her eyes wandered to the refrigerator and she had an idea.

Turning towards him she said, "I could be a donor." He raised an eyebrow slightly not entirely sure what she was getting at.

"Well, I'm sure it's difficult to get fresh blood. I saw the packets in fridge and I mean I wouldn't always want to eat cold food." She said with emphasis on the first person. She became nervous and used the first reason she could think of. She was afraid he wouldn't accept the idea and was ready to convince him otherwise because she refused to be useless while staying there.

"I don't know if you would want to do that". He warned.

"It's the least I can do to repay you. I could just give you a little blood when you're tired of the packets or want something warm." She had an odd thought for a moment and wondered if he ever actually heated up the blood in the microwave or something. Blinking a few times she came back to her senses and waited for his reply.

He placed his hand over his mouth and thought for a while. It had been a long time since he had fresh blood. There were a few donors he had in the city but this arrangement would be convenient from time to time and he wouldn't take much.

"Ok." He finally agreed as he considered her well-being and desire to be able to help, anyway she could. She offered a weary smile. Her body trembled a little from the cold outside and the cool temperature in the apartment. She figured that he probably didn't need it to be very warm after all. This was something she would have to get used to living with. Noticing her shiver he suggested she take a bath. He set out a long shirt as pajamas for her.

The bathroom was shockingly spacious for an apartment. The room was immaculately clean and everything was pure white. To her it resembled the sterility of a hospital which actually made sense considering that he used to be a doctor. The roman tub was already filled with warm water. It felt strange getting undressed in an unfamiliar room but she hastily stripped herself and got into the tub. The warm water not only heated her skin but revived her mind and heart. It had been a long day and a long week. She was glad that he accepted her proposal and wondered what it would be like living here with him however short or long the stay might be.

When she finished her bath she put on the shirt he laid out for her. It had a pleasantly clean scent to it and she wondered if all of his clothes smelled this nice. Her cheeks were pink from the bath and as she stood in front of the mirror. She looked different to herself. She wasn't sure if she had undergone some subtle change but, to herself, she looked less childish. She remembered an old saying that spoke of hardships making the mind and body stronger but it was difficult sometimes not to want to break down when those hard times happened.

Faust was still on the couch when she came out of the bathroom. Her hair was still a little damp and she stood in the doorway for moment thinking about her deal with him.

Would it hurt? Would he use a syringe, a needle or his teeth? Surely he would have the first two somewhere. Was there some type of etiquette involved in drinking from someone? She took a deep breath and calmed herself before sitting down next to him. Looking at her he thought she looked much different from before in a more relaxed and fresh way.

Neither of them said anything for a moment till she built up the courage to scoot closer to him. She didn't know whether she should offer her wrist, shoulder, or neck. She was worried about offering her blood in a movie style cliched way. She decided to go with the most natural feeling.

Pulling the shirt to one side she exposed her bare neck and shoulder to him. She could feel the blood rushing to her face and knew there was no way she could hide it. She was embarrassed but wanting to repay him in any way that she could. Looking at him she tried to think of something to say. She didn't know if she should ask if he was hungry, thirsty, or how to approach this.
"I thought that may be after what happened tonight you should build your strength back up."

Faust put down the paper he was reading and looked at her shoulder. He was a caught off guard about just having talked about it with her but, he understood her intention of wanting to help in any way she could. Wondering what he would say she looked to him and waited. Without a word he gently placed his hand on her back and pulled her toward him. He paused for what seemed like a minute but in reality was only mere seconds.

"You won't hurt me." She reassured him as she could tell he was a little apprehensive. His teeth began to grow and the throbbing in his needle like teeth ached to sink into her soft skin. There was no turning back now. Pulling away would be like teasing a wolf with a fresh piece of meat. It wouldn't be very good for either side.

It had been awhile since he drank from a live person. She could feel the small points graze her neck till they found a spot. His cool hand slid between her neck and her jaw to hold her in place in case she jerked. Eve's eyes widened and a small gasp forced itself from between her parted lips as his teeth buried themselves into her shoulder at the base of her neck.

She knew for certain now that these were no capped teeth. A burning sensation seized her shoulder and caused her body to lock up for a moment. Then the feeling began to subside and a pleasantly warm and tingly sensation coursed through her body. Feeling his mouth work against her shoulder she closed her eyes. His mouth felt soft even though it hid such teeth. At that moment she felt incredibly safe even considering the fact that she was being bitten. They continued like this for a couple of minutes before he pulled away.

His lips were stained and she found it strangely fascinating that it was with her blood which looked much different on his lips than it did when it was from her wound earlier that night. The fresh color of the blood on his lips was a sharp contrast to the rest of his fair appearance. Cleaning the blood away from his lips he noticed the half intoxicated half weary look in her eyes before standing up and retrieving something to clean the wound with.

The next afternoon Faust wasn't home when she woke up. She figured that sunlight didn't cause him to burst into flames the way Hollywood exaggerated.

Walking up to a mirror that hung on the bedroom wall she pulled the shirt away from her neck and inspected her marks. It was amazing how overnight they shrunk away to almost nothing and the only thing left were two small pink points.

She could tell he wasn't here. Not knowing what else to do with herself she started cleaning and tidying up in whatever way she could. Later on she planned to walk through the neighborhood and find a new place to work. There was a string of interesting shops and she was a little excited about the idea of changing things in her life.
Back to top Go down
Tigris
Admin
Tigris

Evening Star Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evening Star   Evening Star Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 7:27 am

Chapter 6

Now living with Faust, Eve has the opportunity to face her demons but not without discovering a potential new one.
It had been three weeks and it felt normal being in Faust's apartment. She still hadn't found a new job yet but, she was optimistic about it. Faust was gone at various times during the day but he was never gone for too long. She never really bothered asking him where he was going because she didn't feel it was her place to ask. The time she spent in his apartment gave her time to heal the wounds in her heart and mind. Being there was a type of much-needed therapy.

The apartment was quiet, serene, and overlooked the park. Lately she had been so gloomy thinking about her father and the other incidents but being alone for part of the day gave her the chance to face her thoughts and accept them for what they were. She didn't have to run away from these thoughts or emotions anymore because she didn't have to fake her own happiness for anyone. Faust would never ask her to smile when she was in a solemn mood. She appreciated that about him. While spraying the delicate Orchid plants in the apartment with water, a smile crossed her lips and that was a first for her in weeks.

When Faust returned later on he found outside on the balcony beating the rugs with a broom. Seeing her do these things, he could see just how determined she was to help and not burden him. Eve continued to beat the rugs till her arms felt like lead and was startled by Faust's hand on her shoulder. She never even heard him open the door.

"I think the rugs are dead." He joked. It took Eve a second to realize that he must have been there longer than she thought. Offering him a smile he was taken back a bit but glad. The setting sun felt warm against her back and the wind gently lifted her hair.

"Would you feel like having dinner and meeting a couple of people?" When he asked this she wondered if he really meant people or those like himself. It had been a rather long time since she had the opportunity to get out and go somewhere. Nodding, he helped her take in the rugs from outside.

Later that evening, the vibration of the car hummed through her body as they drove. Eve sat in a trance staring out the window as the neon lights of the city's nightlife streaked across the car and flashed over her eyes.

Adjusting her skirt, she was glad that after a week of having therapy time, as she called her alone time in his apartment, she was able to face her fears and return to her old apartment to pack clothes and other necessities. It took her over a week for to coerce herself into going.

"So where are we going?" She asked while adjusting her skirt.

While keeping his eyes on the road he answered, "To meet Marcello and Giselle. Marcello is my business partner and Giselle is his wife."

Seeing an opening to ask him what he did she intervened, "What do you do? Do you own a business?" He explained to her that he and Marcello owned an import business.

Marcello had connections back home in Florence and he and Faust would select artifacts such as paintings, rare furniture, wines, statues and other works of art to sell to wealthy buyers at auctions. Even after he explained what he did he never mentioned whether Marcello and Giselle were like him or not. This left her curious.

They stopped in front of a neat string of tall houses. Getting out of the car he led her up to the door and rang the bell. From inside she could hear some low music playing and could tell there were candles lit by the glow from the windows. The door opened and they were greeted by the intoxicating scent of what smelled like wine and chocolates to her. A man the same height as Faust shook his hand and pulled him in for a hug. Marcello was remarkably good-looking with black curls that fell softly over his eyes and framed his neatly structured face. The blue eyes that peered out from underneath the curls had an unmistakable wisdom to them.

From behind him a tall and slender woman warmly hugged Faust and planted a kiss on his cheek. Giselle's black bob showed off her slender neck and delicate shoulders. The olive coloring of her skin made Eve wish she could visit Italy someday. Giselle's deep brown eyes turned to Eve and greeted her with a hug and a kiss on the cheek. Her sleeveless scarlet dress clung to her slender frame. Suddenly Eve felt a little under dressed but was glad to be there with Faust all the same.

After a tour of their home, which was rich with an old world charm, they stopped in the library which resembled a type that one would see in an old horror flick complete with dripping candles and a fireplace. The room was actually quite warm and welcoming despite its haunting look. Breaking away from his conversation with Faust, Marcello turned to Eve and smiled. Two small points peeked out from under his lips and now she knew the answer to her question.

"I'm glad Faust brought you here with him tonight. We never really see him with anyone." Marcello heavily placed his hand on Faust's shoulder and gave it a squeeze. Eve smiled back and was tugged slightly by Giselle who linked her arm in hers.

"Now, if you two will excuse us, I'm sure neither of us wants to be bored while you two talk business." Giselle's lips curled at the corners into a sweet smile with her intention to steal Eve away for a bit. Her accent was thick which made Eve think that perhaps she preferred to keep it rather than use an American one.

"But of course." Marcello agreed as he wanted to speak to Faust alone as well. Eve looked to Faust who didn't appear too concerned and she figured that may be Faust had already told them about her. The two women disappeared out of the room together.

Walking down a long corridor Giselle broke the silence, "You know it really has been awhile since we've seen Faustine with someone."

Eve noticed that she used his full name and wondered if it was a sign of endearment in the same way someone older would have for someone much younger. Could Giselle be older than him? She wondered. In their world, to her, there was no way to tell age. Age was irrelevant to those who had seen so many changes in the world.

Not quite sure what to say she admitted. "He's a private person I guess." Giselle smiled as if to say that what Eve said was not the reason.

Reaching the end of the corridor she led her into a private room ornately decorated in reds and golds. Eve could tell that she had a love and attachment for the Italian style. Perhaps it was nostalgia for a different time? She wondered. Giselle slid onto a roman day bed and motioned for Eve to join her on the one next to her.

Giselle pulled out a pure silver cigarette case from a drawer on a low table next to where she sat. Feeling awkward Eve asked. "Have you known Faust for a long time?" The woman paused and smiled a knowing smile with her eyes still focused on the cigarette case that sat in her hands.

Looking up, she replied, "A very long time." Taking out a slender perfumed cigarette she paused again before lighting it to ask Eve if she would mind. Eve shook her head and the cigarette was lit.

"The first time I met Faustine was with Marcello in Rome. Faustine used to be a wonderful doctor. Marcello met him in Munich after reading an article about him in a popular newspaper. He was on the verge of discovering a cure for Yellow Fever." She took a drag of her cigarette and there was something strangely sensual about watching her smoke.

"Did he find the cure?" Eve asked. Shaking her head lightly Giselle moved from her spot to join Eve where she sat. Eve was oddly fascinated by the cigarette and it didn't smell bad. Taking the cigarette out of her mouth Giselle offered it to Eve. Eve rolled it between her fingers for a moment before taking a drag. The clove cigarette had a different taste to it but it still caused her to cough a little. Smiling, Giselle took back her cigarette and brushed her fingers through Eve's hair. Eve didn't get a negative feeling from her but thought that she was an affectionate person because of the culture she came from.

"So, how did you come to know Faustine? I hope you don't mind me asking fiorellino." Giselle stroked her hair and Eve wondered what fiorellino meant.

Even though she did not want to remember the incidents Eve explained them. "I was leaving work late at night and I was attacked in the alley after locking up. I didn't actually know Faust till the night he helped me but, he would come into the place I worked every so often and I would see him. He took care of my wounds and concussion. I woke up four days later in his apartment." Giselle nodded and Eve continued.

"But, that was just the first time he helped me. The second time, I was attacked by the same guy in my apartment. The guy had been stalking me for a while." A cold chill crept up her spine just remembering his face and his scent.

"And now you stay with Faustine, no?" Giselle's accent grew thicker with some words and less with others. Eve nodded in response. Not wanting her to think that she was taking advantage of his kindness, Eve mentioned the agreement between her and Faust.

Slightly raising one eyebrow Giselle questioned, "Oh?"

Not entirely sure if she should say something or not she kept it short and said, "I offered to give him my blood." Eve looked to Giselle's face for any sign of judgment which her face was void of. Instead a look of concern washed over it.

Giselle's fingers kept combing through Eve's hair when she said, "Be careful." Turning her face took look at hers Giselle knew she was looking for a reason. "I'd be careful not to get too attached to him." She warned and offered a smile that Eve could tell was not menacing or threatening but was rather sympathetic.

"Why?" Although she had just met her, Eve knew that there had to be something more to it than that.

"It's a long story my fiorellino and there isn't a good ending to it." Taking a final drag of her cigarette she put it out and walked toward the door. Stopping to look at Eve she motioned for her to follow. "There is something I want you to see."

Continuing down another corridor they stopped at a room that sat far away from the center of the house. Opening the door she allowed Eve to walk in first. The room was dimly lit and there was the strange but unmistakable scent of blood and something else faintly sweet. The room was as well decorated as Giselle's lounge.

The door clicked shut behind them and from the darker corners of the room two young men appeared. One was tall, blonde, and fair while the other was also tall but dark. Both men had a beautiful quality about their appearances but something was off about them. Their attention focused on Eve and they cornered her against a wall.

Giselle watched the two carefully as they inspected Eve. They wrapped their fingers around her hair, touched her skin, and pulled themselves closer to smell her. She stood perfectly still not sure of what was going on. Her cheeks burned pink but not from nervousness this time. In her ear she could hear the sounds of them breathing against her shoulder and as she felt them both press their mouths to her neck Giselle intervened.

"Enough." That single word was enough to cause them to withdraw from her and regroup themselves close to Giselle. Eve pulled her arms close to her body in an all too late motion to protect herself. Giselle smiled and said, "They both are also donors." With a much appropriate look of confusion on Eve's face Giselle continued.

"There are communities of donors who live in the city. A lot of them develop what we call Renfield's syndrome but it is medically known as clinical vampirism." Eve recognized the name Renfield's from Dracula but wasn't sure what it meant in terms of donors.
Giselle further explained, "A lot of donors grow rather attached to their hosts and strive to be accepted by them as more than substance." Eve further watched as the two beautiful men lavished attention and affection on Giselle.

"A lot of our kind takes on donors because of the convenience of the consent of the donor. It's like a special relationship with no strings attached. There is just something in the human mind that becomes attached to something more powerful than itself."
Eve interrupted, "But what is Renfield's Syndrome then?" Giselle was glad that she asked this as it was one of the original reasons for her concern.

"Renfield's' syndrome is when a human has a psychological obsession to drink blood. A numbers of donors develop this disorder because they wish to be closer and equal to their host." Her explanation was short and straight to the point. Looking to the two men she realized that when they pressed their mouths to her throat they had every intention of trying to drink from her. They must have thought she was some treat, given to them by their host as a sign of affection.

"What about them?" She questioned while motioning to the two men.

"Both Justin and Adrian were part-time models and full-time drug users when I found them. Becoming my donors ended up being an ironic sort of salvation for them. But which is worse? Being strung out on drugs and dying in the streets covered in trash stained newspapers or having a reason to live?" Eve did find it ironic that Justin and Adrian's two choices were either to die strung out or live as food for the dead. She now understood why Giselle warned her to be careful and to not become too attached. She still felt that there was something more to it than that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Evening Star Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evening Star   Evening Star Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Evening Star
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The House of Night :: Your Creations :: Stories-
Jump to: