The House of Night
Welcome to the ~ Tiggy's role play ~ forum, I know it might not be much yet but I hope you think its ok for now and I will be trying to make improvements if you have suggestions >.<
The House of Night
Welcome to the ~ Tiggy's role play ~ forum, I know it might not be much yet but I hope you think its ok for now and I will be trying to make improvements if you have suggestions >.<
The House of Night
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The House of Night

Welcome to the The House of Night! A place where darkness does not equal to evil, just as light does not always bring good.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Battle For Purgatory
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Similar topics
Latest topics
» How Could this Happen
Fire Princess Chapters 1-5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 3:40 pm by tsubaki

» What Would You Do?
Fire Princess Chapters 1-5 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 6:23 am by tsubaki

» sadness lost
Fire Princess Chapters 1-5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 8:49 am by tsubaki

» Title: Beast
Fire Princess Chapters 1-5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 8:43 am by tsubaki

» Rant and a half!
Fire Princess Chapters 1-5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 9:39 am by Tigris

» Love Letter
Fire Princess Chapters 1-5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 3:29 pm by Moerlin

» The Lava Princess and The Ice Prince Opinions
Fire Princess Chapters 1-5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 10:31 pm by Alice

» Evening Star
Fire Princess Chapters 1-5 Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 7:27 am by Tigris

» Enchanted Prophesies
Fire Princess Chapters 1-5 Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 7:20 am by Tigris

Most active topic starters
Tigris
Fire Princess Chapters 1-5 Vote_lcapFire Princess Chapters 1-5 Voting_barFire Princess Chapters 1-5 Vote_rcap 
Alice
Fire Princess Chapters 1-5 Vote_lcapFire Princess Chapters 1-5 Voting_barFire Princess Chapters 1-5 Vote_rcap 
Lagolas
Sylvanna
Raven Roth
tsubaki
Mr. Smith
RiverSteele
Lord Tiberius the Charmer
Moerlin
Most Viewed Topics
Black Angels v.s. White Angels - Bios
The House of Eternal Night - Bios
The Spreaded Infection
Vampire Wars
Middle Of Nowhere
Black Angels v.s. White Angels
Dragon Rider - Bios
Dragon Rider
Evening Star
How Could this Happen
Top posting users this month
No user
Statistics
We have 57 registered users
The newest registered user is jannjais

Our users have posted a total of 449 messages in 89 subjects
Awakened (Newest Song)
Fire Princess Chapters 1-5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 1:47 pm by Alice
Awakened
12/08/12

Verse one: I miss the misery, the way you told me to go away. The way you blame me.

Verse 2: Miss when I tried to keep you, then I just realized; you aren’t worth keeping. I was awakened, now you try to say it’s my fault.

Chorus: You awakened me when you lied straight to my face. You told me that you only love one girl, and that was me. I was stupid enough to listen …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 0
Sanity Sisters
Fire Princess Chapters 1-5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 1:03 pm by Alice
Title: Sanity Sisters
Date: 6-6-11

Verse 1: We’re sanity sisters til the end, side by side. We can keep each other sane. That’s why we’re sanity sisters.

Chorus: We fight together, we die together. We kill anything that stands in our path. We stand together, we die together, we’re sanity sisters.

Verse 2: We’ll be sanity sisters, we’ll be blood sisters, we’ll be side by …

[ Full reading ]
Staying Sane
Fire Princess Chapters 1-5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 2:12 pm by Alice
Title: Staying Sane
Date: 6-5-11

Verse 1: We’re walking, in sand. We’re laughing, minds alike, we’re staying sane, we have each other.

Chorus: Those who choose to have. Those who choose to have unlike minds, most likely will go insane. We stay sane. We promised to each other we won’t change, we won’t turn our backs on each other.
*Repeat Chorus*2

Verse 2: We laugh. We cry. …

[ Full reading ]
Forever Haunted
Fire Princess Chapters 1-5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 1:25 pm by Alice
Title: Forever Haunted
Date: 6-3-11

Verse 1: Footsteps all around me, something following, nothings there. Run and Hide but they always find you.

Chorus: Haunted by the ghost of your past, Haunted by your future, Haunted by today.

Verse 2: Pull the covers over my face, try to hide, they come and seek and always win the game. It’s a never ending game of Hide and Seek.

(Repeat chorus)2

[ Full reading ]
My Heart Belongs to You
Fire Princess Chapters 1-5 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 12:00 pm by Alice
Title: My Heart Belongs to You

Verse 1:
See your face, how it shines in the sun light. See your eyes how they glow in the darkest light. See your smile, how it shines through the grey days. See your heart, how it races when I’m by your side.

Chorus:
My heart belongs to you. Please, oh please. Don’t break it. I love you and that’s the only thing my heart knows. My heart …

[ Full reading ]
Lost Sanity
Fire Princess Chapters 1-5 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 2:11 pm by Alice
Title: Lost Sanity

Verse 1: Broken Sanity. Unspoken voices speak of nothing, Lost but not found. Seen but unseen. I hear them, but my sanity is lost in the web of lost voices of nothing, Spoken by no one.

Chorus: Lost sanity. Never found. Never lost, spoken from unspoken words. Remembering everything but nothing. Lost sanity, Lost in my mind. Lost on my own. Lost sanity.

Verse …

[ Full reading ]
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

Fire Princess Chapters 1-5

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Alice
Admin
Alice

Fire Princess Chapters 1-5 Empty
PostSubject: Fire Princess Chapters 1-5   Fire Princess Chapters 1-5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 9:18 am

Chapter 1

"Riley, get up!" You're going to be late on your first day of school!" I gasp sitting up in bed startled by my mom's yell from the bottom of the stairs. My mom startled me out of a dream. A good dream I might add. Totally forgot today is the first day of Freshman year, yep. Freshmeat, that means the upper classmen can pick on us. I'm not afraid of some upperclassmen but it means the next four years in hell with Crissy Creek. I sighed putting my face in my hands and fell back into bed, hitting my head on the wall.

"Ow!" I whined getting my pillow and hiding my face in there instead of my hands.

"Riley? You okay?"

"This is not going to be a fun day." My voice muffled by the pillow.

"I know sweetie, but it's a new year. Maybe she'll leave you alone now." I lifted my pillow from my face and looked at her not saying a word.

"Funny." I threw my pillow at her getting up and going across the hallway into the bathroom to brush out my bedhead and to brush my teeth.

My mom went downstairs after I came out of the bathroom to pick out clothes I was going to wear. I went into my walk-in closet picking out a new grey and black stripped shirt with a black tank top with lace on the top and bottom ends to wear under the shirt and a dark blue denim shorts.

Getting my bag and shoes, along with a pair of socks, that were sitting on the floor by my bed, I ran down the stairs quickly sitting down and putting my socks and shoes on.

I have red hair, bright red hair, some people think it's dyed but it's not and honestly I have no idea how I got red hair and to top it all off; I have two different eye colors. Blue in my right and green in my left. So we use blue colored contacts to cover up my difference among the others during the school year. Now, I never leave the house without them. At first they were hard to get in but with practice it became a habit to me, but I have to carry around eye drops because it hurts like hell if they dry up.

My mother has blonde hair to the length of her shoulders and light blue eyes, they remind me of the sky in a way. Her skin is tanner compared to mine, I'm pale as a ghost and get sunburnt more easily while she can get tanned. She's tall, lean and pretty, even without all the make-up she has to wear to look presentable at her work. I know most girls take after their mothers and the sons take after their fathers most of the time. I don't look like them, not even close.

I look up at the stove getting up from sitting down on the stairs I see that it is only six in the morning. I guess I have extra time to spear this morning. "Really mom? I don't need to leave until seven." She was in the way of the stove so it was hard to really tell the time, but I only saw the six as the first digit.

"Sorry. Just nervous about your first year in high school, so I wanted to make you breakfast without you rushing out the door for once." She shrugged only a little bit and smiled apologetically to me before opening the cupboard filled with dishes taking down two plates and two cups setting them on the counter next to the stove and then went to the fridge getting orange juice to put into the cups then placed them on the table. "We're having eggs, sunny side up, your favorite with toast that's already buttered and on the table, with bacon and orange juice."

I grinned at her, "You always know what I like in the mornings." I followed her to the table, grabbing a fork from the drawer near the sink and carried my plate and sat down across from her in my usual spot at the table, setting down my bag on the floor against the chair leg.

"Riley?"

"Yeah?"

"Are you forgetting something?"

"I don't think so?" I pick up my fork and ate my eggs slowly. "Why?"

"You forgot to put your contacts in before coming down here this morning."

"Oh, I'll put them in before I leave the house." I didn't feel hungry as much as I was a few minutes ago. I took in my moms features thinking about that it could be possible that I'm adopted.

"Okay, Riley. What's up?"

"Huh?"

"You're not eating all of a sudden."

"I'm not hungry anymore, and... Something's on my mind that's been bothering me."

"Like what?"

"When's dad coming home?" It wasn't the entire truth, but I do want to know when he's coming home too. I haven't seen him in two years now since he went to Iraq. My mom sighed, got up taking my unfinished food to the trash and threw them away then went to the sink and washed off the plate before putting it into the empty dishwasher.

"I honestly don't know, but you should finish getting ready if you want to get those contacts in."

"Oh, right." I hopped up from my chair taking my bag and raced back up the stairs and into the bathroom to put the contacts in. It's six forty-five when I came back up the stairs.

Five minutes later I am ready to head out the door. I gave my mom a quick peck on the cheek wishing her a relaxing day of doing nothing since she took the day off of work then I was out the door. I stood on the top of the steps with the door shut behind me, it took me a few minutes to find my two best friends in the world, Amber and Vanessa walking up the sidewalk linked arm in arm. I grinned at the sight of seeing them and caught up with them.

They are the only ones that know about my problem, because they have the same exact problem.

Amber has hazel in her right and gold, sort of like the golden halo around her right eye, but it's full color is in her left, so she chose to the hazel contacts. Vanessa has icy blue in her right and silver in her left, she decided to have that icy blue color to hide the fact that silver isn't entirely a eye color, and people would probably think she's blind in that eye.

Chapter 2

When my friends and I got to school we didn't go in the school right away, we just look at each other nervously. “Well I do hope this year goes better than the last.”

“You know you won’t be alone, even if Crissy and her friends be like that again.” Amber said.

One of my best friends; Amber has brown hair and dark brown eyes that when you are far away her eyes appear black, her skin color is an olive color, nobody in her family has olive that color of skin. Amber didn't care though. Last year, Amber had some problems with some of the other students which lead to her becoming anorexic. You shouldn't let the other students get to you just pretend that none of them exist. I once told her.

We ran up the stairs, going into the school. One of the good reasons why I love being at school is because our lockers are right by the doors, so once school gets done for the day we can just hurry to our lockers and get out as quickly as possible before anybody decides to start picking on us. My friends still needed to look at their class schedule because they forgot what classes they have. I didn't need to look at my schedule because I already memorized what I have all day. “What class do you guys have first hour? Because I have Algebra.” Vanessa asked looking at her schedule.

Amber and I answered in unison. “Same.” At the end of the school year last year we were assigned to our new lockers for this year. We were given the opportunity too get all of our books so we didn't need to grab them, but since we gotten four new teachers this year, the rule didn't apply.

"Hey, Riley." I heard Crissy call my name from down the hallway as her brother; Damien Creek- known as a God or whatever you want to call a famous Football athlete, walked by with his friend as I turned around to look at Crissy and her friends, they were all smiling.

"What do you want?" I put my hand on my locker combination, ready to put some of my school supplies in there. I didn't pay attention to Crissy.

"Welcome back, didn't know you were going to make it last year." I just wanted to slap off that grin she had on her face, but I didn't, I ignored her and put in my combination to my locker, when I opened my locker a bunch of envelopes with writing fell out. Words like Loser, freak, a child of lesbians I picked up a piece of paper that stood out to me the most: Die, nobody wants you here.

"Riley?" I heard Amber ask. "We need to go to-"

"Go without me. I'll be there after I finish up cleaning this mess." They both were hesitant, but nodded anyway. I closed my locker after they left, not really noticing that Damien was standing there, watching me.

"You're, Riley, right?" I heard a voice say behind me.

"Yes, that's me. Or known as the freak, loser, a child with two mothers. Etc. Better yet, why don't you leave me alone if you're planning to hurt me in anyway." I didn't turn around, because I didn't need to.

"I bet you don't remember who I am. Look up." I listened to the guy. I looked up slowly as the bell rang for first hour to start.

"Now do you recognize who I am?"

"I know who you are. I just didn't recognize your voice." I said coldly as I looked back down.

"Well, I guess that's maybe because we never really talk."

"Someone as popular as you don't talk to freaks like me." Damien kneeled down to help. "You don't need to he-"

"I want to. I saw what my sister did, and what she said to you. I saw the look on your face," I refused to look at Damien, who is now so close to me that I could put my hands on his chest. "Nobody should be treated like how she treats you."

"Funny thing. How is it that you're kind towards me, and she isn't? I never done anything to her."

"Remember Kindergarten?"

"Bits and parts."

"Well, Crissy reminds me all the time... Gets annoying after a while if you ask me. She told me that you took me from her, that I made a friend without telling her, because apparently she needs to 'interview' them first.

"I only remember making a friend with Amber and Vanessa, and the new friend that we made never spoke to us again. That, after the first day of Kindergarten, that friend abandoned us." We both were picking up the pile of paper slowly and talking to each other until his hand accidentally touched mine. I could have sworn there was a shock when he did that, but I couldn't tell because I moved my hand quickly away. "Well, anyway. Thanks for the help."

"Riley," I looked at him. "You don't need to go yet. There is something mysterious about you that strangely... Gets me? I know, it's weird, in a way don't you feel like we have more in common then we actually think we do?"

"Possibly. I need to get to class though, and so do you."

"Right. Well, Riley, nice meeting you." I smiled a little.

"You too." He threw away some of the envelopes before he went to class. I gathered up the rest of the envelopes, threw them away and went to Algebra.

When I got to the classroom Ms. Taylor was in a middle of a lecture, she didn't stop her lecture to tell me that I was late, I knew for a fact that my friends told her about it. I sat in the only open desk in the front row with Amber on one side and Vanessa on the other. ". . .  My expectations from you this year are: 1- Be prepared for class. 2- If you are gone for the day you get an extra day to make up your work. Only if you show me your make-up slips. 3-There will NOT be any bullying this time of hour in this class, you will be supportive of your classmates answers, if they are wrong. Be willing to help them out until they understand the problem.” Ms. Taylor looked around the classroom. “Now. Are those rules clear to you?”

Everyone answered in unison. “Yes, Ms. Taylor.”

Everyone groaned. “Why can’t we sit by anyone we want to, Ms. Taylor?” Crissy asked.

“Because if you sit by your friends you won’t learn anything."

"Well. Those girls over there were passing notes." Crissy said.

"Crissy, just knock it off. I don't know what I did to make you hate me so much."

"Why don't we have a quiet rest of the hour," Ms. Taylor said in a cold voice, looking at the both of us.  "Don't start a fight in my classroom, otherwise I suggest you take it outside." We were quiet until the bell went off saying you have to go to your next class of the day.

Chapter 3

"Girls," I heard Ms. Taylor call to my friends and I, as the classroom was nearly empty.

"Yes, Ms. Taylor?" I ask looking up at her while gathering my things.

"I'd like to talk to you three for the majority of second hour, if you don't mind?" I look at my friends as we all sat down slowly,  Ms. Taylor came and stood in front of us three. "What class do you have next girls?"

"I'm not sure about Vanessa and Amber, but I have History."

"We have History too." Vanessa answered.

"Alright then, that's perfect." Ms. Taylor said.

"Um... Ms. Taylor what is it you want to talk about?" Ms. Taylor went to shut the door as the bell rang for second hour to start.

"I wanted to talk to you about some personal things."

"Which is?" Amber asked curiously as she sat up straight in the desk that she was sitting in.

"I was wondering... If any of you three been experiencing weird things lately? To your bodies and anything with you generally."

By now I was a little confused to why, Ms. Taylor would ask us this, but she's right, over Summer Brake I have been experiencing weird things, even though I can't really figure it out. "Ms. Taylor... I have." After a few minutes of silence, I knew that Amber and Vanessa were thinking and wondering if they did. Ms. Taylor looked at the other two waiting for their answers, when they shook their heads Ms. Taylor looked at me.

"How exactly did you know that you've been going through weird things? Ms. Pierce?"

"I... I don't know exactly-" I was cut off by one of the teacher's coming into the room with one other student, I didn't recognize the student until he was called into the classroom. Damien Creek.

"Sorry to have bothered the meeting, I thought you were alone so I could talk to you, Ms. Taylor." The other teacher had said.

"Oh, I'm sorry, Mr. Taylor. Damien, please take a seat next to, Riley. If you don't know whom she is, she's the one with the beautiful red hair." I look over at my friends, they knew I had a crush on him. "Now, Riley. As you were saying?"

"Oh, yes. Um... I don't know how exactly I know I'm going through these weird things or whatever, but over Summer Brake things got weird, I mean humans are suppose to change regular right? Not like something is going to take over you type change, right?" I could feel Damien's eyes on me, watching me.

"That's how I usually feel, Riley." Damien said softly as I turned my head to look at him.

"You've had this experience?" Ms. Taylor asked surprised.

"Yes." Damien faced his whole body towards me in his desk "Riley, doesn't it feel like a good change? Like it feels like it's you and that you want to embrace it?" I nod.

"Did you know, that the four of you were adopted?" I looked at Ms. Taylor in disbelief, but when I saw her face she was absentminded, like she was thinking of something from her past that she remembered.

"Excuse me?" I asked. Ms. Taylor looked up at the four of us and saw us staring at her.

"You heard me. You four were adopted."

"Ms. Taylor!" Mr. Taylor said quite loudly. Taking her arm he lead her outside of the room. We were quiet. We could hear them bickering. ". . . Didn't we agree that we wouldn't go there?!"

"Love... I'm sorry. I was out of place, but it's time we are reunited with them! We protected them their whole entire lives, Daniel."

"I know Rose, I know, but we have to wait out the time until it's right. Promise me this." I assumed she nodded because we didn't hear her respond. After a while they came back in. "Sorry about that everybody, but I think you four should start heading back to class and we'll resume this conversation today after school. We shouldn't be keeping you any longer."

"That's right. Now, Damien. What class are you going to?"

"History."

"That's perfect, I don't have to write more then one pass then." I had a question for Damien after we left the classroom.

"Damien?"

"Yes, Riley?"

"Would you like sit with us a lunch today?" I asked.

“Sure, I’d love to sit with you three at lunch,” We approached our History room and gave Mr. Kai our pass as the four of us made our way to our seats.

“Ah, there you four are… We were just about to get our textbooks. The first person in each row get books for your row. These will be your textbooks from now on til the end of the school year. If lost or damaged it will cost you to get you a new textbook. Alright, you now may get up and get your row textbooks, then for the rest of the hour you can talk quietly among yourselves.”

Chapter 4

Once we got our textbooks, Mr. Kai gave us a couple pieces of paper for the classroom, all it was was just rules and how he grades us on a tests. Mr. Kai told us that we had some time to chat with our friends anywhere only if we were quiet, so we decided to sit at the rounded table by whiteboard."So where do you guys often sit at lunch?" Damien asked.

"You know that tree that's by Ms. Taylor's room?" I asked.

"Yes."

"That's where we usually eat our lunch."

"Oh, that's interesting."

"It's one of our favorite places to eat our lunch in peace." After a while we really didn't have anything else to talk about but Van and Amber where talking off Damien's ears about all the stuff we do together, and how all three of us met and instantly became best friends. I kept quiet letting them talk while I zone out.

"Mommy, mommy! Wake up! It's the first day of Kindergarten!" I said excitedly jumping on my parents bed until my mother woke up and looked at the time. Groaning.

"Riley, it's way to early, you still have about 2 hours of school."

I started pouting "But, mommy..."

"Alright, sweetie pie" Daddy came in after he got done taking a shower and picked me up, I started giggling. Daddy whispered something in mommy's ear that I could hear distantly. "I'll take her downstairs and get her something to eat while you rest up my love."

"Thank you my dear." My mommy mummered.

"Daddy! I'm hungry!" My daddy laughed.

"Alright, Riley, lets get you something to eat and let mommy rest." Daddy put me on his shoulders and we both went downstairs. "What do you want to eat, sweetie pie?"

"Pancakes!"

"Pancakes it is for my two most special girls in the world!" Daddy put me down in the chair while he cooked pancakes and set the table.

After a while mommy came into the kitchen "Mmm... I smell something good cooking." She smiled and kissed my dad lovingly and went to the table, kissed my head then sat next to me at the table. "So baby girl, are you ready for your first day of school?"

"Yes!" I kept giggling, my dad finished making pancakes and brought them to the table giving me one the shape of Micky Mouse.

"Soon enough you'll be making friends. Knowing you you'll make tons of friends, maybe friends you'll have for the rest of your live."

"I can't wait to meet them then, mommy!" Both of my parents grinned and the rest of the time we ate in silence.

After we got done eating my mom took me up stairs to get me ready for school. I wore a light blue dress with my hair braided to the side and with the final touch my mom put in my hair was a a yellow clip on flower. "Wow Riley... Your growing up so fast. Now lets go downstairs and get some pictures!" I skipped downstairs to where my dad was waiting at the door with the camera, I stood in front of the door with my little backpack on and smiled big.

"Alright, Riley, lets get into the car." I opened the door and quickly ran to the car, getting in and waiting for my parents to get into the car, my mom buckled me in and then we were off.

"Riley?" Vanessa asked.

"Hm?"

"Are you alright?"

"Yes, I'm fine. Just thinking."

Someone walked up to where we were sitting, I looked up and saw a new kid, also realizing that the new kid is the person I saw walking with Damien in the hallway. "Damien, why are you hanging out with them? I heard they were freaks."

"I can hang out with them, after all. They are my friends."

"Well, your sister won't like to hear that. You know how she is." I could see something strange in him, I don't know exactly what it was. His eyes are pitch black, he is tall and slim, and also a athlete on the Football team.

The new guy looked at me and smirked as I saw something flash in his eyes quickly, I blinked thinking that my mind is playing tricks on me. "Don't like him," I said after he left. "Something's weird about him. I can feel it."

Mr. Taylor walked into the door and the four of us looked at him curiously, wondering why he is there. "Everyone, it's time to be quiet. You are starting to get a little to loud, so sit in your seats for the remainder of the period." We all went back to our seats. "Mr. Kai had to go to a meeting." He said answering our question that we were only thinking in our heads.  

When I got to the school I was very excited. I didn't know anybody but they all seemed nice, my parents left just a few minutes ago knowing I will be safe in the hands of my teacher. Two girls came up to me.

"I'm Amber."

"I'm Vanessa." The two girls told me their names all perky like.

"I'm Riley, it's very nice to meet you." The three of us smiled and we went to the blue table that had blue tape, and our names on it. We seemed to just have a day where we could get to know everybody in the class. I looked up from what Vanessa was showing me and I saw this boy, I couldn't keep my eyes off of him.

"I'll be back." I got out of the chair that I was sitting in and walked up to the boy who I didn't know. "Hi, I'm Riley. Nice to meet you." I held out my hand to him, just to be polite since I was raised to be polite to everyone that I met.

The little boy smiled. "I'm Damien."

"Nice to meet you, Damien." I smiled back hoping that he and I could become friends too, so I took his hand gently and lead him to meet my new friends. "Amber, Vanessa?" They both looked up from what they were doing. "This is Damien."  Damien and I sat down, both of us started drawing with Vanessa and Amber.

I looked over at Damien, realizing that he was the person that I made friends with that day, his sister came in and made a huge deal about it because she couldn't find him, I also knew that, that day, I had a crush on him, and now? I still have a crush on him, but I don't know the reason of that being is. I blushed when Damien caught me looking at him, I quickly looked back forward so glad that when I blushed you couldn't tell. When the bell rang for third period I quickly gathered my things and waited for the others.

“I have Chemistry next. What about you three?” I asked.

“I have Chem with you.” Damien said. “We also have Crissy in that class.” I groaned.

“I hope it’s a normal class period then…” I said.

“I have English.” Amber said.

"I have Study Hall with Mr. Kai." We went to our lockers. "I really hope we get to go outside for Study Hall today. It's a really nice day out today." Vanessa said.

“See you two at lunch.” I said as we all parted ways to our classes.

Chapter 5

Damien and I started towards Chemistry class. “I remember.”

"You remember what?" Damien stopped and pulled me towards the lockers so we're out of the way of the other students.

"I remember, we were friends until your sister made a huge scene at the end of the day because she couldn't find you."

"Is that why I caught you looking at me before the bell rang?" I nod. "What else are you hiding from me?"

"What?" I ask surprised. "I'm not hiding anythi-" I was cut off when Damien starts to kiss me, I knew that we would get stares and people would start talking, but it is worth it. I wrap my arms around his neck kissing him back while he wrapped his arms around my waist pulling me closer to him so we can feel each other's warmth. As odd as it may seem, it felt right, felt like I belonged, and I didn't want to stop.

"I knew it." Damien whispered to me as we caught our breathe.

"Knew what?"

"You're in love with me." He grinned when he saw my facial expression.

"I do not!"

"Liar." He was still grinning.

"I don't." I stood up straight and look him in the eyes. "You're just saying, because you are the one that's in love with me."

All he did was laugh and shake his head, resting his arm against a locker next to me, looking me in the eyes. "Maybe I am in love with you, Riley Peirce." I saw in his eyes that he was admitting that he does love me.

"But, why?

"Because," He touched my cheek softly, making butterflies flutter in my stomach. "You're beautiful, and different then the rest of the crazy girls in the school."

"So, what's so different about that?"

"What's different about that, is that I never felt this way about anybody. Not until now, anyway."

"What do you mean 'not until now, anyway?"

"I'm trying to ask you out, Riley Peirce. I wanted to in past years but I was to afraid." By now, Damien and I were so close, face to face, that I could feel his warmth radiating off his body. "Please, will you be my girlfriend?" I couldn't talk, I just nod yes for the answer. "Thank you!" He kissed me deeply giving me the butterfly fluttering again. It was to much to handle so I start crying. "Riley, what's wrong?"

"I'm adopted..." I whispered. "I've known for so long..." I slid down to the floor having my knees up against my chest as I look at the floor.

"Riley..." Damien moved out of my way so he could sit next to me on the floor of the hallway. "I can relate to you, honest to God. Crissy drilled it into my head day, after day, after day. Since we were little kids. Honestly, it explains why our birthdays are in the same year but different months." Damien put an arm around my waist pulling me to him letting me cry softly in his neck.

"We need to go... We already wasted fifteen minutes."

"Are you going to be alright?" He asked worried.

"I'll be fine." I gave Damien a forced smile. "I promise." I got up with him.

The two of us walked into class getting everybody's attention. "Sorry, Mrs. Christenson that we are late... We got lost."

"More like a make-out session by the lockers." One of Crissy's friends said whispering quiet loudly to one of her friends, or either to the whole entire class.

Mrs. Christenson could have possibly heard that comment, but she didn't say anything about it. "Ms. Peirce? What's the matter?" Mrs. Christenson asked a little bit worried.  

I look at Damien. "May I go talk to Ms. Taylor about something?"

"Why don't you just go to the counselor's office and talk to her about whatever it is?"

"Ms. Taylor said that I could come to her if I needed to talk to her about something." Raising my voice a little bit.

"Of course, you may go." She said with her voice strained. I know, I know I shouldn't have raised my voice at her. What's getting into me? I know for a fact though she's going to get me detention for raising my voice at her.

"I'll save you a spot." Damien whispered in my ear.

"Thank you." I look up at Damien. "I'll be back... Hopefully." I turn around and went to Ms. Taylor's room, good thing she wasn't teaching, but Mr. Taylor was there when I knocked on the door.

Ms. Taylor doesn't seem to surprise that I came here to talk to her about something. "Riley, it's good to see you." It was weird. Wouldn't she ask me what the matter was that brought me to talk to her or something?

I sat down in the desk I was sitting in earlier forgetting that Mr. Taylor was in the room. "I knew I was adopted, I knew for a long time, since I can remember."

"Why didn't you say anything then? Why did you act surprised?"

"I wasn't really surprised. I was surprised at the fact that you knew I was adopted, what was weird about that outburst earlier was that you weren't entirely yourself, Ms. Taylor."

"It was nothing, I promise. It just happens from time to time, don't worry about it."

"Ms. Taylor, I want the truth, I'm old enough to handle the truth because I knew I was adopted for years."

"Or you just remembered," Mr. Taylor said, which nearly gave me a heart attack. "Sorry to scare you, Riley, but it could be true that you just remembered it in a dream."

I look at him with serious eyes. "I have been having that same exact dream for years, it gives me a more clearer story. But I don't understand WHAT is behind the whole meaning of it because Ms. Taylor was giving me to my adoptive mother, whom I LOOK nothing a like."

"I would like to talk to, Riley in privacy, please. I'll talk with you later."

"Of course." Mr. Taylor kissed Ms. Taylor on her cheek. "See you soon." Ms. Taylor waited until Mr. Taylor shut the door and was out of hearing.

"Listen, your birth mother was only trying to protect yo-"

"How do you know her?"

"She and I were-are, long time best friends, I still keep in touch with her once in a while."

"If it wasn't much to ask, could you tell her I told her hello for me?"

"Of course."

"I would like to meet her some time too..."

"Maybe eventually. Closer then you think actually but I can't tell you anything more. You do need to get back to class though."

"Ms. Taylor... I don't want to go back to class... I want to know what she looks like, and how she is. That's the least you could do for me."

Ms. Taylor was a little hesitant and sighed after a while of silence. "Alright, deal." She got up from her desk, bringing over a chair, turning it around and sat in front of me, telling me so much of what my mother was like. She sounds like an amazing person. "You completely look a lot like her, honest. Though I do wish I could tell you where she is, but that is breaking a promise I made to her years ago. She'll come seek you once she's ready. I promise."

"Riley Peirce, to the office please." I sighed, getting up from my desk.

"The principal would like to see you." When I got into the office principal Kaili asked me to shut the door, when I shut the door I took a seat in one of the chairs to the right.

"How are you, Riley?"

"I'm okay, I guess."

"Are you sure?"

"I'm positive, thank you for asking though." I look up and stare into Principal Kaili's eyes. Principal Kaili surprised me because I look like her in many ways, actually. Could she possibly be my mother? I shook my head and pushed that thought way back into my mind so I didn't have to think of it again. Well, for a while anyway.

I knew she was grimacing without having to look at her. I could imagine her with her eyes closed, trying so hard to keep a secret. To protect me? Or what?

"What is it that you're hiding from me?"

"Riley, I want to tell you someth-"

"What? Like you're my real mother? Though you can't tell me because you agreed to the people who raised me for Fifteen years that you'll let me grow up knowing who I could've been?"

"Riley-"

"I'm not finished," I held up a hand. "I don't understand why you, and the other teachers, and what I mean by teachers are Mr. and Ms. Taylor, Mr. Kai, and Mrs. Christenson." For the first time I realized I was half yelling at my principle; I knew I could've gotten into trouble but I didn't, she just listened to me rant, while half yelling. Wasn't that for the counselor to do and NOT the principal?

"Riley," Principal Kaili looked at me, stood up, walked to where I am still standing. I stood still feeling her gaze on me while she was behind me, a few moments later I felt her gentle touch on my shoulder. Immediately, everything, the pain, the anger- everything, was gone. "I honestly want to tell you, but you'll find out eventually. You are going to have to trust me on this when I say that you'll eventually find out. I'm not the one who has word on this saying, but I will if something bad happens to you." I was quiet looking outside her window. "Riley? Are you alright?"  

"I'm perfectly fine." I turned around to look at Principal Kaili, her hand falling from my shoulder. "May I go back to class please?"

"Of course, Riley. You may go."

"Thank you." Sighing in relief that I don't have to stay in the principals office.

The bell rung while I was rushing out of the office. Half way to my fourth hour class I bumped into Damien with his sister clinging to his side. "Riley, you never came back to third hour so I thought I would run into you during this passing time to give you your stuff so you wouldn't have to go all the way back and get it from the classroom."

"Thank you, Damien, I almost forgotten about them. That's very thoughtful of you to do." Taking my things from Damien I hurriedly ran down the stairs to meet my friends at our lockers.

The link to the next chapters.
http://eternalnight.omgforum.net/t86-fire-princess-chapters-6-8
Back to top Go down

Fire Princess Chapters 1-5
Page 1 of 1